Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Double Edged Sword

Hey y'all,

So tomorrow is Thanksgiving and, unlike most Americans, I couldn't care less. Well, that's not true.

Thanksgiving is theeeeeee worst holiday of the year.

Now I know what you're thinking, I'm far too large to not enjoy the biggest food holiday of the year, but it's true. I'm not a big fan of turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing are nothing special, also don't like sweet potatoes. However, I do enjoy me some pumpkin...everything. And my mom makes great lemon meringue pie.

Also, we always make turkey enchiladas a day or two after turkey day, which is absolutely the greatest part of the holiday. And the 2 days off of school is pretty great.

Anyway, now that I'm off of my tangent, the real reason I started this post:

So you all know that my weight loss was pretty stellar the first week, and then is started to slow down significantly. I think I may have found the culprit...


Sunflower Seeds.

I love me some sunflower seeds, and they are a great way to keep my mouth busy and from snacking on terrible, calorie laden, delicious foods.

However, as usual, I may have overindulged.
And by may have, I mean totally did.

While I was limiting my intake of calories to ~1200 a day, I was taking in about 1,000 extra in sunflower seeds alone...

Sooooooo it's time to portion them out. I mean, they have lots of protein and good fats, but I get a little carried away sometimes.


Anywho, I've been pretty good thus far this week, and I'm going to go for a ride tonight, as well as playing dome ultimate tomorrow to prepare for a little bit of pie :D

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you" will make one.
Elbert Hubbard

No comments:

Post a Comment